AFT Robert G. Porter Scholars Program
This program offers four 4-year, $8,000 post-secondary scholarships to students who are dependents of AFT members, as well as 10 one-time $1,000 grants to AFT members to assist with their continuing education.
2018 Porter Scholars application period is now closed.
Applicants will be notified by June 30, 2018.
For more information about the Porter Scholars Program see the links below. Contact PorterScholars@aft.org if you have additional questions.
Union Plus® Scholarship Program
Sponsored by the Union Plus Education Foundation. The program is open to members, spouses and dependent children of unions participating in any of the Union Plus programs. See the Union Plus Scholarship Program website for more information.
The 2017 application is now available. Deadline for 2017 applications is 12:00pm (noon, Eastern Time), January 31, 2017.
Congratulations to the AFT family members who were awarded scholarships in 2016:
- $3,500 Winners : Mikaela Smith, IBEW/AFT ; Victoria H. Solkovits, AFT
- $2,000 Winners : Sienna E. Fierro, AFT
- $1,000 Winners: Randall P. Ainsworth, AFT ; Alexandra Baffo, AFT ; Anika Daniels-Osaze, AFT/UTU; Breanna F. Karabeinikoff, AFSCME/AFT ; Halie L. Kicsak, AFT ; Talya K. Klinger, AFT; Aliah M. McCord, AFT
- $750 Winners : Austin P. Strong, AFT
- $500 Winners : Cassidy J. Dossin, IAFF/AFT ; Robert S. Durazzo, AFT