In January of 2020, Puerto Rico suffered the effects of a series of damaging earthquakes. Residents experienced lack of power, water, and school closings in a country that was still recovering from the devastating hurricanes of 2017.
To assist our member communities who were or may be affected by earthquakes, we have compiled helpful material, including resources to help children suffering from post-disaster trauma.
- Federal addistance: FEMA.gov
- FEMA resource documents
- Preparedness & safety: Ready.gov
RESOURCES FOR EDUCATORS, STUDENTS AND FAMILIES
- Colorín Colorado: Helping children after a natural disaster
- Share My Lesson lesson plans
- Emergency Preparedness Toolkit: Post-Event Trauma