AFT Health Care Article Submission
AFT Health Care publishes the highest quality research and ideas related to healthcare, public health, and the social, economic, and environmental factors that affect individuals’ and communities’ health and well-being. A biannual peer-reviewed journal, AFT Health Care is committed to advancing equity and promoting wellness. We are interested in articles on a wide range of topics, including
- new trends in nursing and other health-related fields
- universal healthcare coverage
- racial and social equity in health-related fields
- initiatives related to community well-being and public health
- the politics of healthcare finance
- moral injury
- staffing and other quality-of-care issues
- environmental concerns
- professional ethics
- thought-provoking explorations of current social issues
We are seeking three types of articles:
- Feature articles will make up the majority of the journal content. They should be supported by a solid research foundation and should focus on critical issues related to caring for individuals’ and communities’ health and well-being and, ultimately, on improving practice (which may, by extension, include improving policies, systems, standards, etc.).
- Personal essays may incorporate some research but should present a unique perspective on an important aspect of the work of caring for others (the realities of daily work, the state of the profession, strategies for providing the best possible care for others, etc.).
- Book excerpts will be published occasionally to draw attention to especially high-quality books that deserve a broad audience. For consideration, the whole book must be submitted, not just the excerpt.
Articles should avoid healthcare and research jargon. We do not publish research papers, doctoral theses, etc., as articles. If you have been involved in a study or research project that you think would be of interest to our readers, write an essay that explains the significance of the research and summarizes its findings.
Articles may vary in length from 1,000 to 6,000 words, including endnotes and sidebars. We use the Chicago Manual of Style as our stylebook.
Authors are paid upon publication. Payment varies according to length and topic. The minimum payment for an article is $300. If your article is accepted for publication, you will receive a release form for your signature. Unless otherwise indicated, we assume that your article has not been published elsewhere.
Please email questions and submissions to email@example.com.