Health Hub: Health & Safety Committees
Over the past decade, AFT staff have worked intensely with a number of locals to develop active and educated health and safety committees. These committees have been successful in resolving real hazards within their workplaces. We believe that this type of intensive capacity building within a local is paramount to effecting real change within the workplace. Here are some resources to get you started!
- Health and Safety Action Plan
- Strategic Planning
- Developing a Vision and Mission Statement
- Continuous Bargaining
- OSHA: Root Cause Analysis
- Developing a Strategic Plan to Improve Workplace Health and Safety
- Steps in a Power Analysis
- Where is the Power?
- Whistleblower Protections
- Using OSHAs General Duty Clause
- National COSH: Building Power through Worker H&S Committees