Accidental Death & Dismemberment
Are you an AFT Member? Then you’re covered.
The AFT has arranged for all active, working and retired members* in good standing to have a $5,000 accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) insurance policy from Federal Insurance Company, a member insurer of the Chubb Group of Insurance Companies. The AD&D benefit is included in your AFT local union membership, so you’re already covered.
Whether an accident resulting in a covered injury or loss of life happens at work or away, this AD&D insurance coverage pays you or your beneficiary a cash benefit.
As one of the valuable benefits of AFT membership, the AFT has paid for this coverage for ALL eligible members of the AFT.
* Members who pay a fee for representation but are not full members are not eligible for this benefit.
What you should know
AFT members who spend their lives working to provide stability for their families should have extra protection if a work-related accident occurs. That’s why the policy provides extra benefits for workplace accidents.
This policy has eligibility criteria, limitations, exclusions and terms under which the policy may be continued in force or discontinued. Please review the Description of Coverage for full coverage details.
- Coverage for both on-the-job and off-the-job accidents.
- Coverage extends to accidents occurring anywhere in the world.
- $5,000 benefit is paid to member’s beneficiary for accidental loss of life.
- Benefits also for accidental loss of hand, foot, sight, speech or hearing.
- Partial benefit for lapsing into a coma as the result of a covered accidental injury.
- Extensions of insurance available for exposure and disappearance.
- Injury or death occurring at the workplace associated with your AFT membership. This double benefit does not include travel to and from work.
- Retired members are not covered by the double benefit.
This information is a brief description of the important features of this insurance plan. It is not an insurance contract. Insurance benefits are underwritten by Federal Insurance Company, a member insurer of the Chubb Group of Insurance Companies. Coverage may not be available in all states, or certain terms may be different where required by state law. Chubb NA is the U.S.-based operating division of the Chubb Group of Companies, headed by Chubb Ltd. (NYSE:CB). Insurance products and services are provided by Chubb Insurance underwriting companies and not by the parent company itself. This policy does not constitute comprehensive health insurance coverage (often referred to as “major medical coverage”) and does not satisfy a person’s individual obligation to secure the requirement of minimum essential coverage under the Affordable Care Act. For more information about the ACA, please refer to www.healthcare.gov.
This policy does not constitute comprehensive health insurance coverage (often referred to as “major medical coverage”) and does not satisfy a person’s individual obligation to secure the requirement of minimum essential coverage under the Affordable Care Act. For more information about the ACA, please refer to www.healthcare.gov.