To get the conference hotel rate, reservations must be made through the AFT TEACH registration and housing system. Do not contact the hotels directly. Requests will be honored on a first-come, first-served basis. The cut-off date for reservations is Friday, June 7. After that date, rooms may not be available at the AFT TEACH rate. No phone reservations will be accepted. You will receive an e-mail confirmation of your hotel reservation once it has been approved by AFT TEACH Housing.
All reservations require a deposit of one night's room plus tax, which will be charged on or around June 9. If you wish to pay your deposit by check, please wait until you receive e-mail confirmation that your reservation has been approved. You may then mail a check, made payable to your assigned hotel, to AFT TEACH Housing, 555 New Jersey Avenue, NW, Washington, D.C. 20001.
Hotel reservation changes, additional reservations, substitutions and cancellations may be made online or may be e-mailed to TEACHhousing@aft.org on or before June 7. Hotel reservation changes, substitutions and cancellations made after June 3 must be e-mailed to TEACHhousing@aft.org. Cancellations must be received by AFT at least 72 hours prior to the arrival date in order to avoid being charged by the hotel for one night’s room and tax.
Please note that rooms may not be available before check in time. If you arrive earlier, your luggage may be stored at the Bell Desk until your room is ready.
Special instructions for affiliate blocks
For room block information, contact Karen Zook at email@example.com.
1919 Connecticut Ave., NW
Washington, D.C. 20008
- $209 single / $229 double / $249 triple / $269 quad, plus 14.95% sales tax.
- Well-appointed convention hotel in a park-like setting located 4 blocks from the Dupont Metro Stop.
- Hotel is 100% non-smoking.
- Rooms have either one king-size bed or two double beds. Children under 18 are free in room with parents (using existing bedding).
- Outdoor swimming pool complimentary. Deluxe health club facilities accessible with guest-room key at $10/day.
- Daily self parking: $40/day; Valet parking: $50/day
Note: discounted parking may be available through parkingpanda.com or parkwhiz.com.*
- Internet access available for $12.95 basic per 24-hour period. $16.95 high speed per 24-hr period.
- Room service hours are 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- All major credit cards accepted.
- Check-in time, 4 p.m.; check-out time, 11 a.m.
- Suite information available upon request. E-mail Karen Zook at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ALL conference sessions will be held at the Hilton Washington.
For information about hotel reservations (no reservations accepted by phone), email TEACHhousing@aft.org or contact Karen Zook at 800/238-1133 ext. 4476.
*This list of parking facilities is provided solely for the convenience of AFT TEACH 2019 attendees. The AFT is not affiliated with any of the listed businesses, nor does the AFT receive any fee for listing these businesses on this website. The AFT does not guarantee the services provided by any of the listed vendors nor shall the AFT be liable for any issues that may arise out of the use of the parking services listed on this page.