AFT TEACH 2023
Registration is now open! Register by June 1 to save $200.
Connect and Learn in Our Nation's Capital this Summer
The AFT TEACH (Together Educating America's Children) conference will be held July 21-23 in Washington, D.C.
AFT TEACH provides an unforgettable experience filled with inspiration and ideas to bring back to school for the year ahead. Each professional development workshop is custom-developed for TEACH by AFT members and other experts to directly focus on tools and strategies to support educators and their efforts to help kids and communities succeed.
Why do attendees love AFT TEACH? Because the conference offers:
- Engaging and energizing sessions to inspire for the year to come;
- New strategies to improve teaching and learning; and
- Time to meet and collaborate with educators from across the country.
The AFT has a responsibility to provide a safe work/meeting environment free of known hazards. To this end, we have established extensive protocols for a safe in-person meeting environment, including vaccination, testing and masking protocols. We intentionally utilize sites with good ventilation and cleaning protocols. We believe our collective responsibility to each other’s well-being, safety and health is best served by ensuring that everyone who attends AFT meetings is fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Proof of full vaccination (initial primary vaccination series) must be provided. Recommended boosters are encouraged but not required.
- Masks must be worn at all times unless actively eating or drinking.
- Upon arrival at the conference, complete a self-administered rapid antigen test. A negative test result is required in addition to proof of vaccination.
- Complete a self-assessment each day of the meeting. Results will indicate if you are able to participate.