The DREAM Act would expand access to higher education for all students who meet specific requirements. About 65,000 undocumented students graduate from high school each year. Yet without the DREAM Act, they are relegated to a life in the underground economy. Dreamers have done everything our society has asked them to do. They have worked hard, studied hard and have played by the rules and want to pursue their dream of a college education. The AFT strongly supports the DREAM Act.
News and Press
- Creating Opportunity for All Our Youth by Randi Weingarten and Margret Moran, LULAC
- Creando Oportunidad Para Toda Nuestra Juventud escrito por Randi Weingarten y Margret Moran, LULAC
- AFT and Education Trust letter of Support for Dream ACT
- A Great Opportunity for the Land of Opportunity by Randi Weingarten
- Economic Benefits of Passing the Dream Act (Center for American Progress)
- Dispelling DREAM Act Myths(American Immigration Council)