Accreditation for continuing nursing education
American Federation of Teachers–Nurses and Healthcare Professionals is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. AFT-NHP Provider Number P0003. AFT-NHP is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number CEP 17108.
Conferences and events
- AFT-NHP Professional Issues Conference, April 23-25, 2020.
The AFT-NHP Professional Issues Conference is held annually in Washington, DC and provides a unique opportunity for members to network, learn and lobby on Capitol Hill. Save the date for the 2020 conference.
- Regional CE Programs
For more information on our continuing education programs please contact Sabrina Simmons at SSimmons@aft.org.
- Affiliate Education Programs and Conferences
Online education provided by AFT-NHP
- The Opioid Crisis: AFT Responds
- Health and Safety (To come)
- Financial Series (To come)
- Financial Analysis in Healthcare
- Anatomy of a Financial Statement
- Excel Analysis
Web resources for nurses and healthcare professionals
- Resources and information on the opioid crisis
- AFT resources on sepsis awareness and education
- Workplace violence prevention for nurses CDC course #WB2908
This free, interactive course from the Center for Disease Control is designed to help healthcare workers better understand the scope and nature of violence in the workplace. Upon successful completion of the course, healthcare professionals can earn continuing education units.
Course modules include:
- Definition, types, and prevalence
- Workplace violence consequences
- Risk factors for type II and III violence
- Prevention strategies for organizations
- Prevention strategies for nurses
- Post event response
By completing the course, healthcare workers will be able to:
- Identify institutional, environmental, and policy risk factors for workplace violence
- Recognize behavioral warning signs of violence in individuals
- Employ communication and teamwork skills to prevent and manage violence
- Identify appropriate resources to support injured healthcare workers
- Take steps to implement a comprehensive workplace violence prevention program
CNE: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is accredited as a provider of Continuing Nursing Education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
This activity provides 2.4 contact hours.