Safety at the AFT convention is our highest priority. Before you travel, be sure to familiarize yourself with the COVID-19 protocols that are required of all attendees. Below are steps you can take prior to your arrival to save yourself time in Boston.
IMPORTANT: A mask which covers your nose and mouth is required in the convention center unless you are actively eating or drinking.
Step 1. Download the free CLEAR app and upload proof of full vaccination*.
The app is available from the Apple App Store and Google Play. When you create an account, you’ll be asked to upload an ID and snap a selfie.
Once you’re registered, tap the white Health Pass tile, then enter the code AFTBOSTON, and your COVID-19 vaccination information.
*Full vaccination means you are two weeks past the final dose of the primary series of Pfizer, Moderna or J&J shots. AFT encourages attendees to be up to date with recommended boosters.
Step 2. Register with Impact Health to take a COVID-19 test on July 13 or 14.
Impact Health will be on site at the convention center to administer rapid antigen tests to all attendees, at no cost to you. Allow 30 minutes upon arrival to take the test and receive your result, which you will upload to the CLEAR app. On Wednesday, July 13, testing will take place in the North Lobby of the convention center.
- To register for your test, go to https://www.impacthealth.com/aft and click “Register.” On the New User Registration page, if you are an adult, type “self” and “self” in the Guardian section. An error message usually means you skipped a required field.
- Create a username and password. You will need this info again when retrieving your testing results.
- Click “Schedule” to make a testing appointment. For your testing location, select “Boston Convention Center.” Once you click “Confirm” you will receive your testing confirmation number, which you can email, print, or screenshot with your phone.
- Bring photo ID and confirmation information at your scheduled testing time.
- After taking your test, you will receive an email within about 30 minutes directing you to log in to receive results. The email will also contain instructions on the actions to take if you test positive for COVID-19.
- Take a screenshot or download your test result. This is the result you will upload to the CLEAR app.
Step 3. Complete the daily health survey.
Each day of the convention you’ll answer a few short questions in the CLEAR Health Pass app and then show the green status screen on your phone for admission to the convention center and AFT events.
AFT will only receive confirmation that an attendee has satisfied the requirements for access with a green result. AFT does not have access to any private health data.
Step 4. Take a second antigen test on Saturday, July 16.
When you register, you will receive an additional COVID-19 test kit to take back to your hotel. On Saturday, July 16, you will be required to upload a second negative test to the CLEAR app by taking a picture of your test result utilizing this test kit.
You must upload a new negative test result on Saturday to get a green result in the CLEAR app.
The AFT believes we have a collective responsibility to provide a safe meeting environment. These protocols have been our practice throughout the pandemic. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
If you have questions, email us at email@example.com. We look forward to seeing you in Boston.