DACA's 10 Year Anniversary
We still need to take action
June 15th marks 10 years of DACA! 10 years of struggle, hope, and resilience for the over 700,000 immigrant youth who have benefited from the program and their families. Let’s use this moment to recommit to the struggle for immigrant justice. Urge Congress to pass legislation with a pathway to citizenship for dreamers, beneficiaries of DACA, TPS, DED and essential workers.
Call on Congress to act now on legislation with a pathway to citizenship
Congress and the Biden-Harris administration can and must deliver on a pathway to citizenship for dreamers, DACA, TPS and essential workers. We must end the unconscionable fear of deportation and family separation that immigrants live with every single day.
DACA Beneficiaries, Dreamers & TPS holders are part of the fabric of our nation—teachers, paraprofessionals, nurses, early childhood educators, university professors, and health professionals. They help bring our classrooms, college campuses and health care centers to life. The only way to fully protect dreamers and DACA beneficiaries from the threat of deportation is by passing legislation with a pathway to citizenship. Join the AFT and our partners in this work—United We Dream, the National Immigration Law Center, the UndocuBlack Network, Home Is Here and others—in the struggle for a permanent path to citizenship for DACA recipients, individuals with Temporary Protected Status and Deferred Enforced Departure, Dreamers, and their families.
Five things you can do to celebrate & take action
1. Join the call to action. E-mail your U.S. Senators and tell them to pass the DREAM Act (S. 264) and SECURE Act (S. 306) and end the unconscionable fear of deportation and family separation that immigrants live with every single day.
2. Make a pledge to fight for a pathway to citizenship. Select, download, print and share a selfie with one of the AFTs "I am unafraid" signs below.
3. Share our DACA anniversary graphics. Select, download and share on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
4. Watch & share NTFTSS video, You Are Not Alone: A message from Teachers Supporting Immigrant Youth.
5. Join the We Are Home Campaign, a multi-racial, multi-ethnic, multi-generational coalition calling on the Biden-Harris administration and Congress to take immediate action to protect millions of immigrants.