Are you (or is someone in your family):
- One of the 40 million people in the United States with student loan debt?
- Struggling to make monthly payments, or worrying about student loans following you throughout your life?
- Tired of getting phone calls from loan servicers, or concerned about how to tell scams from reality when it comes to debt forgiveness?
If this is you (or your family member), you need an AFT Student Debt Clinic!
Pre-registratration is requested.
This clinic covers the landscape of free and underused federal programs that help many student loan borrowers lower their monthly payments and, in some cases, even have their debt forgiven. In a 90-minute session, an AFT Student Debt Clinic provides:
- Information on how to enroll in income-driven student loan repayment programs.
- Help enrolling in Public Service Loan Forgiveness.
- A way to use the power of our union to improve the lives of our members and the people in our communities.
- A tool to move union members toward becoming activists and leaders.
We will offer AFT Student Debt Clinics multiple times throughout the convention, including:
Sunday, July 17, at 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.
Wednesday, July 20, at 12:30 p.m.
To reserve your spot at one of the clinics in Minneapolis, click here: go.aft.org/debtclinic
Read more about the AFT student debt clinics on AFT.org.