PreK-12 Public Education Resources Parent Resources
Helping Your Child Series
- Helping Your Child Become a Reader (2003; reprinted Oct. 2008)
- Helping Your Preschool Child (2003). Available in English and Spanish
- Cómo ayudar a su hijo durante los primeros años de la adolescencia (Helping Your Adolescent Child) (2003). Only available in Spanish.
- Comó ayudar a su hijo a tener éxito en la escuela (Helping Your Child Succeed in School) (2003). Only available in Spanish.
- Cómo ayudar a sus hijos a usar la biblioteca (Helping Your Child Use the Library) (1993). 27 pages. Item no. 39-0355.
- Helping Your Child Learn Responsible Behavior (1993). 44 pages. Item no. 39-0352.
- Helping Your Child Learn Science (1992). 58 pages. Item no. 39-0354.
PK-3 English and Spanish Reading Tip Sheets for Parents
Pathways to Success
This brochure provides handy information to parents on the key issues affecting schools and their children's education, the main roles and responsibilities of the school system's various components, and helpful academic tips in each core academic subject for every grade from prekindergarten through grade 12. (February 2007)
Public Education Publications and Resources
Pricing is for single copies for non-members. Send a check payable to the American Federation of Teachers to: AFT Order Department, 555 New Jersey Avenue, N.W. Washington, D.C. 20001. Shipping and handling costs are included. Please include the item number (if available) and publication name.