20 Common Nursing Home Problems—
and How To Resolve Them
Too often, standard operating procedures in nursing homes harm residents and violate federal law.
This hard-hitting guide from the National Senior Citizens Law Center offers proven strategies to residents and family members on what to look for and how to fight back against the most common illegal practices. Produced by the nationally known legal advocate for the rights of older Americans, the guide clearly explains the relevant law and offers easy-to-follow advice on how to apply it. The booklet answers such key questions as:
- When must a nursing home follow the preferences of an individual resident?
- When are physical restraints and feeding tubes illegal?
- Can Medicare stop Part A reimbursement because a resident has “plateaued’'?
- How can residents move from a non-certified to a Medicaid-certified bed?
- When must a nursing home readmit a Medicaid-eligible resident after a lengthy hospital stay?
The guide is available online to AFT members for only $5, one-third off the regular purchase price. To find out more, go to: http://www.payloadz.com/go/sip?id=556212