AFT Member Benefits currently has two mortgage options available to members.
Because of our recent action to end promotion of Wells Fargo products, we currently have two mortgage options available. Due to licensing, members in some states may not be able to obtain a mortgage through an AFT endorsed program at present. Learn why the AFT ended its endorsement of Wells Fargo mortgage program.
|Union Plus Mortgage Program||Amalgamated Bank Mortgage Program|
- Access to the unique Union Plus Mortgage Assistance Program if you experience unexpected loss of income
- Convenient online application with unionized loan officers to assist you on the phone
- Union Plus Mortgage Company is union-owned*
- Offers competitive rates on a wide-range of mortgage options
- $500 gift card after closing for purchasing or refinancing – lots of options to pick from
- Special benefits for First-Time Home Buyers
- Available in: CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, IL, IN, IA, MD, MA, MI, MN, NJ, NC, OR, PA, VA, WA, WV and WI
- Flexible adjustable-rate mortgages and stable fixed-rate mortgages2
- Refinance lending options
- Competitive rates and timely approvals
- An easy prequalification and online application process
- $700 in discounts on origination fees for AFT members1,3
- Strike protection eligibility1,4
- Amalgamated Bank was founded as a union bank
- Amalgamated Bank’s mission is to be the financial institution for socially responsible people and organizations
- Available in: CA, CO, CT, DE, DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, MD, MA, MI, MN, NJ, OR, NY, NC, PA, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA
Licensing may be underway for either or both programs in all other states (AK, AL, AR, AZ, HI, ID, LA, ME, MO, MS, MT, ND, NE, NH, NM, NV, OH, OK, RI, SC, SD, VT, WY). We apologize that we do not have a mortgage option available in your state. But we can’t apologize for standing by our decision to put the lives of our members and the communities they serve before profits.
*The AFL-CIO, Union Privilege and a group of unions, including AFT, own Union Plus Mortgage Company and will benefit if you get your loan through the company. However, you are not required to use Union Plus Mortgage for your loan and are free to shop. For your Affiliated Business Arrangement Disclosure Statement, please visit www.unionplusmortgage.com. Union Plus Mortgage Company NMLSR 1561829.
Equal Housing Lender
1To be eligible for the benefits under the Amalgamated AFT Home Financing Program, applicants must identify themselves as AFT Members during the loan application process. AFT membership is subject to verification.
2All loan applications are subject to credit, property approval and income verification. Rates, program terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. Not all products are available in all states or for all amounts. Other restrictions and limitations apply.
3The discount includes a $700 discount on Amalgamated Bank’s origination fee. Discount will be applied at closing.
4Strike protection is only available on loans held in Amalgamated Bank’s portfolio. If loan servicing is sold to another financial institution, late fees may not be waived in the event of a strike.
© 2018 Amalgamated Bank. All rights reserved. Equal Opportunity Lender. Amalgamated Bank NMLS ID# 898791.