The 1.5 million-member AFT, an affiliate of the AFL-CIO, is the nation’s second largest teachers’ union, also representing paraprofessionals and other school related personnel, higher education faculty and teaching assistants, public employees and nurses.
The intern for the AFT information technology department must be interested in or have experience with excellent customer service; working knowledge of Windows and general knowledge of application software; experience in Windows troubleshooting; ability to take direction and work independently; strong written and verbal communication skills; self-motivated; and good time management skills and attention to detail.
Candidate must be available to work 35 hours a week. This internship is for one year.
Internship Duties and Responsibilities:
The AFT information technology department intern would assist with multiple projects, including but not limited to:
- Support department staff and affiliates in person, over the telephone, and via email with questions and problems related to the use of our standard hardware and software;
- Troubleshoot and repair hardware, software and network problems;
- Process membership reporting requests;
- Assist with training registration and coordination;
- Create and compile customer support surveys;
- Inform the appropriate department staff of reported issues/problems;
- Log, update and solve outstanding SASDesk call tickets;
- Design and develop marketing material, web development and content management;
- Participate in team and monthly meetings with department staff and perform other duties as assigned
Application details for an internship in this department are found on the main internship page.