The AFL-CIO has launched a new website and blog that has lots of new features that will make it easier for union members and our allies to take action for working families and build a vibrant online community.
Among the new features:
- The New Action Center offers a one-stop source for supporting workers, contacting Congress, signing petitions and mobilizing through social media.
- The AFL-CIO Now blog is richer than ever, with commenting functions connected to Facebook and Twitter, "most popular" features and, most important, much more content contributed by people from across the labor movement.
- En Español is a robust site and an important resource for the Spanish-speaking community.
- New sections spotlight young workers and the union movement's partnerships with low-wage and immigrant communities.
- The site also includes the most popular online features from the previous site, such as CEO PayWatch, working family issues coverage and the comprehensive Your Rights at Work (in English and Spanish).
The new site also features photos of union members as well as articles and videos highlighting union innovation, community partnerships, and training and apprenticeship programs as ways of featuring what unions are doing and who our members are. [AFL-CIO]
March 1, 2012