The intern for the AFT communications department must be interested in or have experience with communications, have strong organizational skills and some graphics design experience. This person must have some experience with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop; experience with Adobe Illustrator is a plus. Writing and journalistic skills are also a plus.
The AFT communications department intern would assist with multiple communications projects including, but not limited to:
1. Assist with the 2010 communications contest and conference. Will include organizing contest entries, development of contest winners' booklet and awards presentation, and coordinating workshop materials.
2. Assist with creation of ads for our affiliates to promote.
3. Help to reorganize the communications and media content on our Intranet.
4. Review and catalog affiliate publications.
5. Select and organize photos for our Intranet's graphics gallery.